3 CBD Dog Treat Recipes To Delight and Nourish Your Four-Legged Friends
There are many benefits of CBD oil for dogs, which is why so many dog-lovers buy CBD dog treats for their furry friends. But did you know that you can make your own CBD-enriched dog treats at home? Here are a few easy recipes for CBD dog treats.
Please note that the measurements of CBD oil assume your dog uses one drop a day. Please check our dosage chart and adjust accordingly.
No-Bake Pumpkin and Turmeric CBD Dog Treats
These no-bake treats are perfect for dogs with inflammatory conditions. Both CBD and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties, and the crack of black pepper helps your dog absorb the goodness of turmeric.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree*
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
*Ensure that the pumpkin puree is pure pumpkin with no added preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Mix the pumpkin, honey, turmeric, coconut oil, and black pepper in a bowl until it’s all mixed together well.
- Add the rolled oats. You might want to add more or less oats to make it the right consistency. It should feel like a cookie dough consistency.
- Put parchment paper on a small baking sheet. Break off equal pieces of cookie dough and roll them into balls. A melon scooper or ice-cream scoop might be helpful. Ideally, you’d want to get about 14 balls out of this mixture, but the final number depends on how large the balls are.
- Now it’s time to add the CBD oil. The amount of oil you add depends on how much your dogs need. Assuming your dogs need one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat and give them one treat a day. If you’re unsure which dosage to use, check our CBD oil for dogs dosage chart.
- Place the balls in the fridge so that they can harden. This should take 15 minutes.
- They can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Since this recipe makes 14 and lasts about two weeks, you can give your dog one a day, every day!
Peanut Butter CBD-Enriched Dog Cookies
These dog cookies combine the deliciousness of apple sauce and peanut butter with the goodness of CBD oil. They’re sure to be a hit with your furry friends!
- 1 cup apple sauce *
- ½ cup peanut butter *
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- CBD oil
*Ensure that the apple sauce and peanut butter don’t contain toxic preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celcius).
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and flour while stirring.
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Ideally, you’d like it to be a dough-like consistency. If necessary, add more flour or a little water to change the consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Alternatively, roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to divide them up. You want them to be about a quarter of an inch (half a centimeter) in thickness.
- Put parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet. Add the cookie dough to the sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled down completely, add the CBD oil to the cookies. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat. Allow the oil to soak into the cookies.
Store the biscuits in an airtight container. Give your dog one treat a day, or more if they need an extra dose.
Sweet Potato and Yogurt CBD-Enriched Dog Treats
This is also a no-bake recipe that is super easy to do. The mashed sweet potato can be exchanged for mashed pumpkin. These delicious cold treats are perfect for the warm summer months!
The number of treats this recipe yields will depend on the size of your molds.
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- CBD oil
- Mix the yogurt with the sweet potato mash and coconut oil in a large bowl. Ensure it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into silicon molds or ice trays.
- Add CBD oil to each treat. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat.
- Put the trays or molds into the freezer for about three hours.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Give your dog one a day, or more to increase the dosage.
- Hip Dysplasia,Arthri.
Daisy is our little princess; my husband, my kids, and I all love her to death. She’s the fluffiest, spunkiest,…
- Savanna Mayo
My 3 month old puppy started having seizures last night, and within 14 hours (constantly watching over her) she’s had…
- Cherry Eye,Dysplasia.
Buster is our loving Bulldog, and boy does he like to make sure that’s known! Though he may be needy…
- Hip Dysplasia,Arthri.
Rylie is a toy poodle, and she’s a very, very good girl. She’s 6-years-old now, and she’s had a heart…
- Joint Pain,Arthritis.
Lionel loves to play fetch. Lionel loves to eat treats. Lionel loves to be… Lionel. He’s a super good dog…
How to Make CBD Dog Treats
Your pet and you will love all the benefits of this CBD Oil Dog Treats recipe.
There are many reasons why people have been giving their pets CBD-infused treats.
CBD is a compound derived from hemp.
It’s an ingredient commonly found in food and supplements and is believed to provide many medicinal properties and benefits.
There have been many studies done about the effects of CBD in dogs and they have shown that CBD may help decrease anxiety and other serious conditions.
Other potential health benefits include helping your dog sleep more, relieving joint pain, and increasing their appetite.
CBD is also believed to help alleviate stomach pain, reducing digestive distress.
Benefits Of Making Your Own CBD Treats
CBD and hemp-infused treats are available on many websites, including popular online pet stores like PetCareRx.
However, there are many benefits of making your own CBD treats.
Home-made treats are more nutritious because you have control over the ingredients you put in them.
There are lots of ways to prepare these CBD dog treats.
The recipe is simple, but the results can be very beneficial for your pet.
There are no preservatives or additives, which makes it quite safe for you and your canine companion.
Making your own treats is the only way you’ll be 100% sure of the ingredients in the treats you’re giving your pet.
There are some things to keep in mind though when preparing these treats.
The key to using CBD dog treats is to keep them fresh and to make sure your dog consumes them thoroughly when administered to them.
Many owners make their own treats do so for the safety of their own pets, especially if their dogs are allergic to anything.
Giving your pet treats that were made by someone else can be harmful to your pet if they have any allergies.
They’re a great resource for everything CBD and also features some amazing CBD products.
CBD Dog Treats Ingredients
1 cup apple sauce
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup of coconut oil
1 tsp. baking soda
CBD Dog Treats Recipe
Before you begin, make sure you’re using all-natural ingredients and these ingredients don’t have any artificial flavors or chemicals added to them.
One extremely dangerous ingredient that you should avoid is xylitol, as this sweetener can be fatal to your pet even in the smallest of doses.
Before you begin, turn your oven on and let it preheat to 340 degrees Fahrenheit
Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil thoroughly in a bowl.
Once you have these ingredients mixed, add the baking soda and flour while stirring constantly so these ingredients won’t clump up.
Mix all the ingredients except the CBD until you get a dough-like substance.
Keep in mind that you might need to make some adjustments and add additional flour or water if necessary.
At this point, you have two options.
You can either make small balls with your dough and make them into cookies or use a cookie cutter to cut your cookies into shapes.
If you do the latter make sure your dough is at least half an inch thick.
Before you put your cookies in the oven make sure you line your pan with wax or parchment paper.
This will ensure that your cookies don’t burn or stick from the bottom.
Once you have your pan lined, put the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes.
Then the cooking time ends, take your pan out of your oven and let your treats cool.
When dog treats are cool, you can add the last ingredient which is CBD.
You can simply put a drop or two (depending on your vet’s recommended dosage) on top of each cookie and let it absorb before giving the treat to your dog.
This recipe will make 20 servings so you should have enough to give one treat to your dog for almost a month.
Make sure you keep these treats in a moisture-free, airtight container so they won’t go bad or become stale. We recommend an airtight container stored in the refrigerator.
Limit your dog to one or two treats a day depending on their dosage.
If you’re unsure of their dosage please talk to your dog’s veterinarian first.
Cooking with CBD is becoming more and more common, as many people decide it is better for them to make their own dog treats so they know what their pet is taking.
So next time you’re looking for ways to bring joy back into your pet’s life, consider giving them some CBD dog treats.
This natural supplement is believed to have numerous health benefits.
They’ll be happier and you’ll be happier as well.
The great news is that you don’t have to spend an exorbitant amount on expensive medication or other artificial supplements that might harm your pet.
With these natural dog supplements, they may feel better, look better, sleep better, and even act better than they did before.
Remember to consult with your veterinarian before changing your pet’s diet.
These are a perfect addition to this Barkcuterie Board on Today’s Best Recipe.